At this very minute someone might be stealing your leads, it might sound crazy but this is happening every day on the Internet.
Some important facts
- Every day 506,000 people are shopping for products and services on the internet.
- Every minute 305 people are looking for goods and services like what you provide.
- Google tells us that 9 out of 10 persons will visit your website before calling you or reaching out to you in any way.
- Microsoft tells us we have only 10 seconds to get the attention of visitors to your website before they hit the back button.
- An effective website will generate 1% leads from the persons who visit the site.
How do you make sure your competitors are not stealing your leads?
1. Make sure your home page has a very compelling story that will captivate your visitors – If you have a lame website then your visitors will not stay. Your website should look professional and enhance your brand.
2. Make sure your website is easy to read, easy to get around and easy to understand – Do not use jargon and industry terms that the average person does not understand. If you must use industry terms, provide more details or explanation. If a 5th grader does not understand your site then it is probably too complicated.
3. Have a landing page – Sometimes known as a “lead capture page” is a single web page that appears in response to clicking on a search engine optimized search result or an online advertisement. The general goal of a landing page is to convert site visitors into sales leads.
4. Provide free offers – offers of a free white paper, product or service that will help your visitors solve their problems will give them a reason to stay on your site and use you as their solutions provider.
Next week’s post will be on how to create a compelling website.