If targeted correctly and message crafted aptly, email marketing can help you deliver the right content to the right prospect at the right time in the selling cycle and continuously achieve high response rates from quality prospects. It is a great way for maintaining a close relationship with your present customer base by sending them information that they consider valuable and essential to them. Microsoft sends out over 20 million email marketing pieces every month.
If you are still unsure, then here are 10 reasons, why you should start email marketing right away.
1. Very Easy: Executing an email campaign is easy and simple; you can do it sitting at home without any extensive resources.
2. Inexpensive: Costs incurred in designing, executing, testing, sending and receiving an email is up to 78% less for a run of 5000 over paper-based direct mail version. When you add e-mail to your marketing mix, you spend less time, money and resources than with traditional marketing vehicles like direct mail or print advertising. I find one of the cheapest and effective email marketing system to be Express Email Marketing.
3. Interactive: You can innovatively initiate campaigns using graphics, videos, music, quiz, game or whatever that will be of interest to your prospects, to grab their attention and interest immediately.
4. Highly personalized: Email enables you to personalize and greet every person by name. This helps create a special bond.
5. Round the clock marketing: Your prospects can access your offer through their emails anytime of day and night.
6. Measurable results: Special tools are available that accurately measure click-through rate, conversion rate, how a person one arrived at your website, and enable you to assess the success of different email campaigns.
7.Targeted marketing: Since prepackaged and custom-built lists are available, you could reach only those who might require your services, solutions or products without bothering those who do not. You can select each one of your targets based on geography, age, income, spends, and many other parameters.
8. Opt-in or unsubscribe options: Emails contain opt-in and opt-out options which help you to shortlist your prospects and reach only the ones genuinely interested in your offerings. It also helps protect you from being reported as spam and spamming fines can run in the thousands.
9. Faster response: Time to receive responses through e-mail is one to three days, where you will get maximum responses on day one itself, while a direct mail campaign would take minimum 7 to 12 days to generate any responses. Further, responding to a direct mail is more cumbersome, while a person can respond to an email immediately.
10. Global reach: No matter where you are or whom you need to reach, targeted emails pave the way. Borders are no obstacles in email marketing.
Email marketing is a high response and opportunistic medium for communicating with customers, and if executed right, has the power to bring huge benefits to your business. Go ahead, initiate an extremely targeted e-marketing and see your profits grow. Many of your competitors are doing it already!