All of your news – Top News and Most Recent stories – is now in one place with the most interesting stories featured at the top. If you haven’t visited Facebook for a while, the first things you will see are top photos and top status updates posted while you’ve been away. They’re marked with an easy-to-spot blue corner.
If you check Facebook more frequently, you’ll see the most recent stories first. Photos will also be bigger and easier to enjoy while you’re scrolling through.
Your top stories are stories published since you last checked News Feed, that we think you’ll find interesting. They are marked with a blue corner and may be different depending on how long it’s been since you last visited your News Feed.
Facebook determines whether something is a top story based on lots of factors including the following:
- Your relationship to the person who posted the story.
- How many comments and likes it got.
- What type of story it is.
Here are ways to control what you see in your News Feed
- Filter by friend lists – Click the name of one of your friend lists on the left side of your home page to view only stories by people on the list you have selected.
- Hide a person or a story type (e.g. a quiz) – Click the drop-down menu that appears when you hover over the top right corner of a story you want to remove from your stream. Then, select an option from the drop-down menu:
- Unmark uninteresting stories – If you see something that isn’t interesting in top stories, hover over the right side of the update in question, click the arrow and click ‘Unmark as top story’ from the menu.
- “Hide story” will remove the individual story.
- The “Hide all by” and “Unsubscribe from” links will remove the post and prevent all future stories from a person, Page, group, event or application.
- “Report story or spam” will remove the post and help keep your News Feed clear of similar stories in the future.
Here is how you unhide stories from a person, Page, group, event or application
- From your home page, hover your mouse to the left of the left side News Feed menu.
- Select Edit
- A list of people, apps, Pages, and groups you have hidden or unsubscribed from will appear in a pop-up box. Click the X next to each one you’d like to remove from this list.
- Removing someone or something from your list of hidden stories means those stories can appear in your News Feed again.
- Click Save.