A new year signifies a new beginning and an opportunity to do better.
Most of us make New Year’s resolutions, be it to work harder, to make more money, to give more to relationships, to lose weight and generally to be a better person.
- To make social media an integral part of my overall communication strategy – social media is but one of the many ways to communicate. Sometimes face to face networking event is more effective than a Facebook message or a direct message on Twitter.
- To listen more – Jumping in without understanding the conversation can make one look foolish and incompetent.
- To be more relevant – Share more information that will be more beneficial to my online community. Use of demographics to figure out what my network want to know.
- To be more engaging and responsive -Reading about what others do is great, however, taking the time to respond to something will benefit the writer and the community at large. Conversation connect people and enhance experiences.
- To sell less.
- To evaluate my efforts – Which social networks should I be really on? Use Google Analytics and bit.ly links to track my efforts.
- To blog at least once per week on topics my clients, readers and critics want to read about.
So, there you have it, my top social media resolutions for 2012. Have you made any? Feel free to share them with us.
Also, we welcome questions on any aspect of Inbound Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing or online branding.